“Launching Harrods Rewards is an integral part of our CRM strategy. It gives us the opportunity to understand our customers and their spending behaviour. We are pleased with our performance and the ongoing support from the ICLP team has been outstanding. It is a hugely exciting time for us.”
Jose Majluf, CRM Controller, Harrods
Harrods is an iconic brand and leading global luxury retailer with a main department store located in the heart of Knightsbridge, London. The store offers over 1,000,000 sq. ft. of merchandise arranged over seven floors. The company also offers a direct mail operation, online shopping, overseas Signature Shops and locations in every terminal at London's Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
Harrods wanted to launch in-store loyalty programme to drive customer engagement and create more profitable relationships. They needed a partner to offer best practice advice on programme strategy and deliver, implement and manage the supporting IT and operations infrastructure.
- Thinking to the contrary proved that cash equivalent rewards worked even for ultra high-value card holders.
- The separation of the loyalty programme from the previous credit card based platform and extending this to customers across all channels, enabled the business to start tracking behaviour and spend across multiple segments.
- ICLP migrated the existing Harrods GE Capital cardholders over to the new Harrods Rewards programme card within a timeframe of 3 months.
- Created operational processes and a new loyalty technology platform that integrated with the Harrods business system infrastructure to support the programme.
- ICLP provided outsourced programme management which included; collateral design, print and production, programme driven communications, data capture of new customers into the customer database, programme user website, programme fulfilment and an outsourced contact centre offering multi-channel communication services.
- Successfully managed migration and communication to over 90,000 former GE Capital cardholders and introduced a suite of new benefits to the Harrods Card members.
- Handled high volume rapid customer acquisition campaigns both digitally and offline.
- The outbound Harrods Rewards redemption generated a staggering 4:1 ROI.
- The programme was very successful, exceeding Harrods initial expectations in driving incremental revenue from their affluent programme members.