We evolved the BusinessClub programme to enable businesses to earn and redeem in more countries, resulting in increased ROI.
“BusinessClub has provided us with a valuable programme with usable member data capture, allowing greater customer insight and behavioural analysis. ICLP’s support from the design and planning of the programme through to the ongoing day-to-day management has proven to be invaluable.”
Karen Forrest, Business Marketing Manager Europe
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is the world's largest hotel group by number of rooms. It owns, manages, leases or franchises, through various subsidiaries, over 4,400 hotels and 656,000 guest rooms in 100 countries and territories around the world.
IHG wanted to adopt a more strategic and efficient approach across a number of existing EMEA programmes. The aim was to drive increased bookings, revenue and an improved share of business travel from small to medium-sized corporations, whilst continuing to support the needs of local markets.
- The strategic review highlighted an opportunity to address the challenges of the localised programmes with a common back-end solution delivering significant cost efficiencies.
- BusinessClub, the centralised B2B reward and recognition programme, enabled IHG greater commercial insight over their performance in the SME corporate travel sector.
- A single solution across multiple territories delivered brand and proposition continuity for IHG, whilst benefiting members by allowing them to book and redeem on properties outside of their 'home' country.
- ICLP developed and continue to manage the BusinessClub programme, to identify corporate bookers, understand their booking patterns and positively influence the booker's activity.
- Delivered and managed an outsourced solution including full programme management, data insight, multi-lingual customer contact centre support, reward fulfilment and targeted marketing communications.
- Created the business model and dynamic monthly management reports.
- Made the BusinessClub B2B programme available in 6 markets at launch, then rolled out to other EMEA markets, to support IHG in cross-selling its products and services. Also created highly targeted marketing campaigns to encourage transactions, increase retention and drive revenue.
- BusinessClub is now available in 6 languages and has been rolled out to 23 countries across EMEA, 17 more than originally planned.
- Significantly reduced operating and marketing costs through the creation of a single programme infrastructure.
- Revenue attributed to bookers doubled within the first year of the programme and continued to grow year-on-year for the 4 years following launch.
- Following the success of BusinessClub IHG migrated their UK Travel Agent programme to the new platform in 2008, creating BusinessClub AGENT.