We launched an online shopping platform where frequent flyers could earn points on other purchases, resulting in increased loyalty. So now their customers can enjoy shopping just as much as their holiday.
“ICLP impressed us with the sophisticated Global eStore platform and its ability to bring innovation and speed to the affiliate process. ICLP will work closely with us to help us expand our point of difference in the Australian market."
Phil Gunter, Velocity General Manager
Virgin Australia is Australia's premium international airline. It offers high quality, innovative travel options, introducing a fresh new choice and competition to the trans-Pacific route. Velocity Frequent Flyer, their loyalty programme with over 2.5 million members, was the first frequent flyer programme in Australia to offer "any seat, any time" reward flight availability.
Virgin Australia wanted to differentiate their programme in Australia and New Zealand by providing Velocity Frequent Flyer members with a new and innovative way to earn points and drive loyalty.
- ICLP provided Velocity Frequent Flyer with a fully branded, customised online shopping platform, Global eStore, which was the first of its kind in Australia and New Zealand.
- The tracking technology within the portal generated invaluable insight for customer behaviour.
- A strategic marketing campaign was vital to communicate and drive engagement with the new platform.
- The inclusion of key local and globally recognised brands within the shopping portal increased its attractiveness to members and positively influenced purchase behaviour.
- The new Velocity Global eStore allowed members to earn points while shopping online for products available from brands such as Apple, Dell, eBay, StrawberryNET and Zodee. This platform was delivered in six weeks.
- ICLP supported promotional campaigns that involved online and offline marketing activities to increase engagement, incremental revenue and ongoing awareness.
- Sourced and expanded the number of merchant partners to include over 150 popular local and international retailers within the online store.
- Negotiated merchant offers to drive marketing campaigns, regular promotions and commissions.
- Greater consumer spending and online store frequency.
- Relaunch generated a significant increase in number of users and transactions.
- Click to sales conversion is significantly higher than industry average.
- Member engagement increased by more than 100% across all campaigns executed.
- Commission and points earned through the Velocity Global eStore have significantly increased year on year since launch.